‘Healthy’ 4 Ingredient Cookies:
My sweet tooth has been in overdrive during the last month, whether it’s the effect of revision and boredom eating or the stress of exams that’s made me unable (slight exaggeration) to go without chocolate for more than a day I don’t know- but the sugar highs were not working for me.
Plus my lack of desire to leave the house unless it was to go to the library meant any supplies of choc ran out fast! I had to get resourceful, without eggs and butter banana bread was off the cards, so these ‘cookies’ were born!.
- 2 Very Ripe Large Bananas
- 25g Rice Krispies
- 100g Oats (if using jumbo/whole oats then pop them in the blender for a few seconds to make them finer)
- 75g Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Nutella
- 2 tsp Nut Butter
You can easily find these ingredients on Amazon.com
METHOD TO MAKE ‘HEALTHY’ 4 INGREDIENT COOKIES;
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C Fan.
- Mash up your bananas in a large bowl.
- If adding Cinnamon/ Nutella (my personal favourite)/ Nut butter, do so now and mix together with the banana.
- Add the oats and Rice Krispies to the banana and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the Raisins and mix again.
- Grease and line a baking tray.
- Form the mixture into cookie sized portions and then place on the baking tray, flattening slightly as they won’t spread in the oven!.
- Place the cookies into the oven for 15 minutes- then remove and leave to sit until cool.
If you’re adding Nutella/ nut butter you may find the mixture gets a little slack, in which case just add an extra handful of oats, whilst adding too many dry ingredients (raisins, cranberries, coconut or any other dried fruit!) may make it too dry and crumbly so add an extra banana or some nut butter to slacken it a little.
Obviously these aren’t a patch on the real deal, but they’re sufficiently sweet to keep most of my cravings at bay and have a double purpose of being pretty healthy- as far as sweet treats go!
As with most banana bakes, these cookies taste even better the next day! (or so I think anyway!)
Let me know if you have any other quick and healthy-ish bakes that I can give a go!
Pin me for later!
- Fab Flapjack Recipe
- Pret Popcorn Bar Recipe
- Salted Caramel Cups Recipe
- ‘Healthy’ 4 Ingredient Cookies
- Triple Choc Rolo Cookies Recipe
- Cheats Caramel Brownie Recipe
- Summer Berry Cake Recipe
- Raspberry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies