Raspberry and almond loaf cake topped with flaked almonds and Demerara.
Raspberries are one of my all-time favorite foods, and I love incorporating them into my bakes! Why, then, have I not posted this recipe sooner?! Or any recipe using Raspberries so far? Honestly- I’m just as shocked as you and thought I should share this ASAP to remedy the situation.
This loaf is like a Bakewell in flavor but much easier to create- who could say no to this delicious loaf? (Made even better by freshly picked raspberries!) Raspberry and almond loaf cake topped with flaked almonds and Demerara.
Raspberry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe:
- 150g Butter (Room Temperature)
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Milk
- 275g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 200g Raspberries
- 2tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 2tbsp Demerara Sugar
You can easily find these ingredients on Amazon.com
- Preheat your oven to 180/160 fan.
- Cream the butter, golden caster sugar and light soft brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the Self-Raising Flour, Baking Powder and Ground Almonds in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs and flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugars a little at a time until both are fully incorporated.
- Add most of the raspberries to the mixture, saving some to dot along the top of your loaf, and fold in gently.
- Grease and line a 2lb Loaf Tin, then spoon in the mixture.
- Press the spare raspberries into the top of your loaf, then sprinkle the flaked almonds and Demerara before popping them into the oven for 50-60 minutes. As you can see, mine caught a little on top. If you’re worried about this, maybe leave the Demerara and add it halfway through, or keep a closer eye!.
Let me know if you give this bake a go, and I love seeing a pic of your bakes!
What’s your go-to summer recipe?
Pin me for later!
- Fab Flapjack Recipe
- Pret Popcorn Bar Recipe
- Salted Caramel Cups Recipe
- ‘Healthy’ 4 Ingredient Cookies
- Triple Choc Rolo Cookies Recipe
- Cheats Caramel Brownie Recipe
- Summer Berry Cake Recipe
- Raspberry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- Posh Mince Pie Recipe