Cheats Caramel Brownie Recipe:
A couple of years ago I swore by ‘box’ brownies (Betty Crocker to be precise)- I just couldn’t find a recipe that rivalled the just add oil & water mix, especially where cooking time was concerned- I always found that no matter what recipe I tried it took so much longer to cook than stated.
Using a packet mix is so unsatisfying though, so I vowed to track down/create the best (and simplest!) possible recipe that took the specified time!
Here it is.. (with a minor twist):
INGREDIENTS FOR CARAMEL BROWNIE:
- 175g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 100g caramel chocolate (eg, Cadbury caramel/Galaxy caramel) -you can skip this and just make normal brownie’s if you wish!
You can easily find these ingredients on Amazon.com
METHOD TO MAKE CARAMEL BROWNIE:
- Preheat the oven to 180°/160° fan.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler.
- When smooth, remove from the heat, add the sugar & mix together.
- Add the flour and the cocoa powder to the mixture and stir until well incorporated and then put it aside for a few minutes until the mixture has cooled (Unless you want scrambled eggs in your brownies!).
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Grease and line an 8in/20cm square tin, then add the mixture.
- Once the brownie batter is in the tin, break up the caramel chocolate and spread evenly over the surface of the mixture, then push them down slightly so that the majority of pieces are covered by mixture.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes (until the mixture doesn’t wobble).
- Once cooked, leave to stand until cool before cutting- it’ll make your job much easier! (unless you want a lovely gooey chocolate pudding- then be my guest!).
I hope you had a fab Thanksgiving and managed to survive Black Friday!
Pin me for later! 😉
- Fab Flapjack Recipe
- Pret Popcorn Bar Recipe
- Salted Caramel Cups Recipe
- ‘Healthy’ 4 Ingredient Cookies
- Triple Choc Rolo Cookies Recipe
- Cheats Caramel Brownie Recipe
- Summer Berry Cake Recipe
- Raspberry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe