Fab Flapjack Recipe:
Now it’s officially Autumn- the weather would still suggest otherwise!- Porridge has made a comeback into my daily routine, and you know what that means, OATS, and I would be ridiculous if I had an abundance of oats in the house and didn’t make flapjack, right? RIGHT!
I know I always say how simple my recipes are- I’m not lying, I’m lazy, and if it’s any fussier than it needs to be, I will always find a way to make it easier – but this one is super simple, it takes half an hour from start to finish and only needs the pan and a baking tin- not even a mixing bowl- the less washing up the better, after all!
Fab Flapjack Recipe:
- 100g Butter
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 4/5 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g Porridge Oats (if using Jumbo Oats, blend them a little first, or they won’t stick!).
You can easily find these ingredients on Amazon.com
- Line a deep baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan
- Add the butter and golden syrup to a pan on medium heat, stirring two combine the two; once the butter has melted, remove from the heat.
- Add the sugar and oats, mixing until they are all equally wet.
- Tip the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish and pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Please, please don’t be tempted to leave them in for longer; they harden loads as they cool and eating a brick is not much fun!
Also, it makes the flapjack easier to cut if you do it in the tray while they’re still warm!
As I write this post, I’m sitting munching on a three-day-old piece from my latest batch- I know, I can’t believe they’re still around after 3 days either; you can tell I’m back in London and not as home- anyway, it is still as good as it was when I made them on Wednesday!
Happy Friday, my lovelies!
Pin me for later!
(You can also learn more by searching these terms on Google: protein flapjack recipe, flapjack recipe with fruit, flapjack cake recipe…)
- Fab Flapjack Recipe
- Pret Popcorn Bar Recipe
- Salted Caramel Cups Recipe
- ‘Healthy’ 4 Ingredient Cookies
- Triple Choc Rolo Cookies Recipe
- Cheats Caramel Brownie Recipe
- Summer Berry Cake Recipe
- Raspberry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- Pink Lemonade Ice Lollies